- North Carolina Soybeans (updated 2005)
General production information, production practices, worker activities, insect, mite, and nematode pests and their control, diseases and their control, and weed management are detailed in the profile. List of Extension Specialists is included. Current pesticide information can be found in the North Carolina Agricultural Chemicals Manual
- Soybeans Portal (N.C. Cooperative Extension)
Website that has current information on numerous topics for soybean farming. Production information, management of insects, diseases, weeds and nutrients are addressed. A section on organic soybeans is included.
- Disease Management – Soybeans Portal, N.C. Cooperative Extension
Includes information on soybean cyst nematode, seed and seedling diseases, frog leaf spot, Columbia lance nematode, stem and root rots, soybean disease resistance, rust, and viruses.
- Fungicide Efficacy for Control of Foliar Soybean Diseases (2013)
Fungicide ratings for major foliar soybean diseases in U.S.
- Soybean Rust IpmPIPE Website
A Web-based system that uses pest and crop data from sentinel plantings to provide a warning system to help soybean farmers protect their crop from soybean rust.
- Soybean Rust Information – Southern Region IPM Center
- Soybean Insect Pest Management – Soybeans Portal, NC Cooperative Extension
Information on pest avoidance, scouting, beneficial insects, thresholds, insecticide use and soybean pests found under the Insect Management tab.
- Soybean Insect Pests – Soybeans Portal, N.C. Cooperative Extension
Direct link to a list of soybean pests which includes bean leaf beetle, corn earworm, cutworm, grape colaspis, grasshopper, kudzu bug, soybean aphid, soybean looper, stink bug, three cornered alfalfa hopper, and velvet bean caterpillar.
- Pests of Soybeans, from Insect and Related Pests of Field Crops
A key to identify soybean pests is presented by N.C. Cooperative Extension Service.
- Weed Management in Soybeans – Soybeans Portal, NC Cooperative Extension
An overview of weed management is given and more topics are located under the Weed Management tab including the control of broadleaf, grass, nutsedge, and sicklepod weeds. Other subjects include cultural weed management, herbicide resistance, responsible herbicide use, selecting a herbicide program, and spray adjuvants.
- North Carolina Agricultural Chemicals Manual
The manual has ten main sections:
I. Pesticide use and safety information
II. Chemical application equipment
III. How to send specimens for disease, insect, and weed identification
IV. Fertilizer use
V. Insect control
VI. Insect and disease control of fruits
VII. Chemical weed control
VIII. Plant growth regulators
IX. Animal damage control
X. Disease control
Detailed information on controlling pests of field crops, forage crops, grains, fruits, vegetables, ornamentals, turf, landscape, nursery, livestock, poultry, home garden, communities, and industrial sites is included.
- Pesticides & Wildlife – Soybeans
A fact-sheet that describes how pesticides can be managed to minimize harm to wildlife on farms, in our waters and in our forests
- NC Soybean Production Information – Reduce Soybean Harvest Losses
Was the information on this page helpful?